Yicai Global is looking for a full-time Spanish editor covering our news of China, on subjects ranging from governmental policy to startups to the environment and scientific breakthroughs. The position is permanently based in Shanghai.
- Edit Spanish articles produced by local reporters and translator to ensure quality, professional journalistic writing conforming to international standard
- Work with a mix of international editors in covering major events
- Ensure stories are told in the most appropriate and creative format
- Possesses a sharp eye for detail, a strong sense of good writing, a devotion to the highest standards of accuracy, precision and verification; and the ability to dive into unfamiliar material
- Maintain and update well-written existing content and fact-checking on articles across a number of key sectors
- Assist image post publishing, image editing, video posting and headline optimization
- Schedule and manage a range of onsite and social program promotions
- Strong command of written Spanish at native-level proficiency
- Experience in business and financial journalism
- A bachelor's degree
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Experienced in assimilating and applying new complex information.
- Command of Mandarin and/or being able to translate from Mandarin
- Work experience digital content production and/or marketing preferred
- Video reporting and editing skills
- Keen interest in and solid knowledge of China
- Familiar with digital audience development including content marketing, SEO, social media and more
- Willing to work overtime and able to work under tight deadline pressure
- Familiarity with Content publishing in Drupal CMS system
Qualified candidates will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package that includes health insurance and paid holidays.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org