(Yicai Global) June 2 -- Chinese health authority said today that it received reports of five new confirmed Covid-19 cases yesterday, all of which were imported ones with two reported in Sichuan province, one in Shanghai, one in Guangdong province and one in Shaanxi province.
No deaths or new suspected cases were reported yesterday on the mainland, the National Health Commission said in a daily report.
As of yesterday, the mainland had reported a total of 1,761 imported cases. Of the cases, 1,698 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery and 63 were being treated, the commission said.
The commission said eight people were discharged from hospitals after recovery yesterday and the number of severe cases remained three.
The overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 83,022 by yesterday, including 73 patients who were still being treated, 78,315 people who had been discharged after recovery, and 4,634 people who died of the disease.
The commission said two people, both arriving from abroad, were still suspected of being infected with the virus.
It added that 4,642 close contacts were still under medical observation while 547 people were discharged from medical observation yesterday.
Also yesterday, 10 new asymptomatic cases, including eight from abroad, were reported on the mainland. The commission said 371 suspected asymptomatic cases, including 39 from overseas, were still under medical observation.
By the end of yesterday, 1,087 confirmed cases had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (including four deaths), 45 in the Macau Special Administrative Region and 443 in Taiwan (including seven deaths).
A total of 1,037 patients in Hong Kong, 45 in Macau and 427 in Taiwan have been discharged from hospital after recovery.
Editor: Xia Ruirui