(Yicai Global) June 3 -- Chinese health authority said today that it received report of a new confirmed Covid-19 case yesterday, which was imported and reported in Guangdong province.
No deaths were reported yesterday on the mainland, while a new suspected imported case was reported in Shanghai, the National Health Commission said in a daily report.
As of yesterday, the mainland had reported a total of 1,762 imported cases. Of the cases, 1,699 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery and 63 were being treated, the commission said.
The commission said one person were discharged from hospital after recovery yesterday and the number of severe cases decreased by one to two.
The overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 83,021 by yesterday, including 73 patients who were still being treated, 78,314 people who had been discharged after recovery, and 4,634 people who died of the disease.
The commission said three people, all arriving from abroad, were still suspected of being infected with the virus.
It added that 4,609 close contacts were still under medical observation while 370 people were discharged from medical observation yesterday.
Also yesterday, four new asymptomatic cases, including two from abroad, were reported on the mainland. The commission said 357 suspected asymptomatic cases, including 40 from overseas, were still under medical observation.
By the end of yesterday, 1,093 confirmed cases had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (including four deaths), 45 in the Macau Special Administrative Region and 443 in Taiwan (including seven deaths).
A total of 1,038 patients in Hong Kong, 45 in Macau and 427 in Taiwan have been discharged from hospital after recovery.
Editor: Xia Ruirui