(Yicai Global) June 4 -- Chinese health authority said today that it received report of a new confirmed Covid-19 case yesterday, which was imported and reported in Guangdong province.
No deaths or new suspected cases were reported yesterday on the mainland, the National Health Commission said in a daily report.
As of yesterday, the mainland had reported a total of 1,763 imported cases. Of the cases, 1,703 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery and 60 were being treated, the commission said.
The commission said five people were discharged from hospital after recovery yesterday and the number of severe cases remained two.
The overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 83,022 by yesterday, including 69 patients who were still being treated, 78,319 people who had been discharged after recovery, and 4,634 people who died of the disease.
The commission said three people, all arriving from abroad, were still suspected of being infected with the virus.
It added that 4,360 close contacts were still under medical observation while 383 people were discharged from medical observation yesterday.
Also yesterday, four new asymptomatic cases, all from abroad, were reported on the mainland. The commission said 326 suspected asymptomatic cases, including 43 from overseas, were still under medical observation.
By the end of yesterday, 1,093 confirmed cases had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (including four deaths), 45 in the Macau Special Administrative Region and 443 in Taiwan (including seven deaths).
A total of 1,039 patients in Hong Kong, 45 in Macau and 428 in Taiwan have been discharged from hospital after recovery.
Editor: Xia Ruirui