(Yicai Global) May 31 -- Chinese health authority said today that it received reports of two new confirmed Covid-19 cases yesterday, both were imported and reported in Shandong province.
No deaths or new suspected cases were reported yesterday on the mainland, the National Health Commission said in a daily report.
As of yesterday, the mainland had reported a total of 1,740 imported cases. Of the cases, 1,692 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery and 48 were being treated, the commission said.
The commission said two people were discharged from hospitals after recovery yesterday and the number of severe cases remained three.
The overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 83,001 by yesterday, including 63 patients who were still being treated, 78,304 people who had been discharged after recovery, and 4,634 people who died of the disease.
The commission said four people, all arriving from abroad, were still suspected of being infected with the virus.
It added that 5,183 close contacts were still under medical observation while 565 people were discharged from medical observation yesterday.
Also yesterday, three new asymptomatic cases, including one from abroad, were reported on the mainland. The commission said 389 suspected asymptomatic cases, including 25 from overseas, were still under medical observation.
By the end of yesterday, 1,082 confirmed cases had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (including four deaths), 45 in the Macau Special Administrative Region and 442 in Taiwan (including seven deaths).
A total of 1,036 patients in Hong Kong, 45 in Macau and 421 in Taiwan have been discharged from hospital after recovery.
Editor: Xia Ruirui