(Yicai Global) May 6 -- Chinese health authority said today that it received reports of two new confirmed Covid-19 cases in Shaanxi province yesterday, both imported from abroad.
No deaths were reported yesterday on the mainland, while three new suspected cases, all imported ones, were reported in Shanghai, the National Health Commission said in a daily report.
As of yesterday, the mainland had reported a total of 1,678 imported cases. Of the cases, 1,400 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 278 were being treated with five in severe condition, according to the commission.
The commission said 58 people were discharged from hospitals after recovery yesterday, while the number of severe cases decreased by three to 26.
The overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 82,883 by yesterday, including 339 patients who were still being treated, 77,911 people who had been discharged after recovery, and 4,633 people who died of the disease.
The commission said five people, all arriving from abroad, were still suspected of being infected with the virus.
It added that 6,973 close contacts were still under medical observation while 517 people were discharged from medical observation yesterday.
Also yesterday, 20 new asymptomatic cases, including three from abroad, were reported on the mainland. The commission said 903 suspected asymptomatic cases, including 88 from overseas, were still under medical observation.
By the end of yesterday, 1,040 confirmed cases had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (including four deaths), 45 in the Macau Special Administrative Region and 438 in Taiwan (including six deaths).
A total of 920 patients in Hong Kong, 39 in Macau and 334 in Taiwan have been discharged from hospital after recovery.
Editor: Xia Ruirui