(Yicai Global) May 7 -- Chinese health authority said today that it received reports of two new confirmed Covid-19 cases in Shanghai and Guangdong province respectively yesterday, both imported from abroad.
No deaths were reported yesterday on the mainland, while two new suspected cases, all imported ones, were reported in Shanghai, the National Health Commission said in a daily report.
As of yesterday, the mainland had reported a total of 1,680 imported cases. Of the cases, 1,434 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 246 were being treated with five in severe condition, according to the commission.
The commission said 46 people were discharged from hospitals after recovery yesterday, while the number of severe cases decreased by three to 23.
The overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 82,885 by yesterday, including 295 patients who were still being treated, 77,957 people who had been discharged after recovery, and 4,633 people who died of the disease.
The commission said four people, all arriving from abroad, were still suspected of being infected with the virus.
It added that 6,537 close contacts were still under medical observation while 627 people were discharged from medical observation yesterday.
Also yesterday, six new asymptomatic cases were reported on the mainland. The commission said 880 suspected asymptomatic cases, including 81 from overseas, were still under medical observation.
By the end of yesterday, 1,040 confirmed cases had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (including four deaths), 45 in the Macau Special Administrative Region and 439 in Taiwan (including six deaths).
A total of 932 patients in Hong Kong, 40 in Macau and 339 in Taiwan have been discharged from hospital after recovery.
Editor: Xia Ruirui