(Yicai Global) May 23 -- Chinese health authority said today that it saw no new confirmed Covid-19 cases on the Chinese mainland yesterday.
No deaths related to the disease were reported yesterday, according to the National Health Commission, adding that it received reports of two new suspected cases.
One suspected case was imported and reported in Shanghai and the other was domestically transmitted in Jilin province, the commission's daily report said.
With no new cases reported yesterday, the mainland's reports of imported cases remained 1,711. Of the cases, 1,670 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 41 were being treated with two in severe condition, the commission said.
Three patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery yesterday, while the number of severe cases increased by one to nine.
A total of 82,971 confirmed COVID-19 cases had been reported on the mainland as of yesterday, including 79 patients who were still being treated, 78,258 people who had been discharged after recovery, and 4,634 people who died of the disease.
Six people were suspected of being infected with the virus, the commission said, noting that five of the cases were imported from overseas.
The commission added that 5,085 close contacts were still under medical observation after 252 people were discharged from medical observation yesterday.
Also yesterday, 28 new asymptomatic cases, including two from abroad, were reported on the mainland. The commission said 370 suspected asymptomatic cases, including 26 from overseas, were still under medical observation.
By the end of yesterday, 1,065 confirmed cases had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (including four deaths), 45 in the Macau Special Administrative Region and 441 in Taiwan (including seven deaths).
A total of 1,029 patients in Hong Kong, 45 in Macau, and 408 in Taiwan had been discharged from hospitals after recovery.
Editor: Xia Ruirui