(Yicai Global) March 12 -- The Chinese mainland yesterday reported six new imported cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), bringing the total number of imported cases to 85, the National Health Commission said today.
Of the six new imported cases, three were reported in Guangdong province, two in Gansu province and one in Henan province, according to the commission.
The commission received reports of 15 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 11 deaths yesterday on the Chinese mainland.
Among the deaths, 10 were in Hubei province and one in Shaanxi province, according to the commission.
Meanwhile, 33 new suspected cases were reported and 1,318 people were discharged from hospital yesterday after recovery, while the number of severe cases decreased by 235 to 4,257.
The overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 80,793 by the end of yesterday, including 14,831 patients who were still being treated, 62,793 patients who had been discharged after recovery, and 3,169 people who had died of the disease.
According to the commission, 253 people were still suspected of being infected with the virus.
The commission said that 677,243 close contacts had been traced, adding that among them, 2,206 were discharged from medical observation yesterday, with 13,701 others still under medical observation.
By the end of yesterday, 129 confirmed cases had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (including three deaths), 10 in the Macau Special Administrative Region and 48 in Taiwan (including one death).
Some 67 patients in Hong Kong, 10 in Macau and 17 in Taiwan have been discharged from hospital after recovery.
Editor: Xia Ruirui